Join us in creating a spectacular Great Big Green Week this September – we are aiming for bigger and better than 2021!
Taking place between 24 September – 2 October 2022 we are encouraging groups, individuals, businesses and schools to organise events across Hertsmere, Three Rivers and Watford as part of this national week celebrating community action. Let’s make this the greatest, biggest, greenest week in the UK.
The Great Big Green Week campaign aims to draw attention to climate change and destruction of the natural world, while also making a connection with these issues and actions locally in Watford, Three Rivers and Hertsmere. Through the week we want to promote as many local groups and activities as possible to get as many people involved in green actions as possible – the aim is to ensure there is something for everyone – and through doing so grow and strengthen the “greenness” of our area.
You can get involved in a number of ways:
- Organise an event:
- this can be something you or your group are already doing/ have planned or it could be something new developed especially for this week, and/ or
- host a stall as part of the Green Watford Market takeover on Sunday 25th September.
- Help organise the South West Herts Great Big Green Week by joining the coordination team.
- Let as many people as possible know about the Great Big Green Week in your business/ community group etc. to encourage others to organise events or get involved.
- Promote the Great Big Green Week itself – let’s get as many people as possible engaging in green events.
If you’d like to get involved or need any further information please contact us at – email@example.com.
To organise or host an event
If you would like to organise or host an event please complete the registration form – this will provide us with all the information we need to support and publicise your event within the area and nationally on the Great Big Green Week website. The deadline for entries is the 4th September 2022. If you would like to chat through ideas do get in touch and we would be happy to help.
(At the bottom of the page you can find information on health and safety and risk assessments.)
OR if you are interested in running a stall at our Green Watford Market takeover please just drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible and we will be in touch with the relevant application process.
We would love to see you play a part during the GBGW.
For ideas from last years Great Big Green Week go to our 2021 look at the events calendar below (click on image for a larger version) or go to our booklet for more detail or go to the GBWG A-Z of ideas.
Co-ordinated by Watford and Three Rivers Friends of the Earth.
Working with Watford Borough Council, Three Rivers District Council and Hertsmere Borough Council.