Join us in creating a spectacular Great Big Green Week this September – we are aiming for bigger and better than 2022!
The 2023 South West Herts Great Big Green Week (GBGW) will take place this year between the 10 to the 18 June – with the Watford Green Market takeover taking place on the 18 June.
Through the GBGW we are encouraging groups, individuals, businesses and schools to organise events across Hertsmere, Three Rivers and Watford as part of this national week celebrating community action .
The GBGW campaign aims to draw attention to climate change and destruction of the natural world, while also making a connection with these issues and actions locally in Watford, Three Rivers and Hertsmere.
Through the week we want to promote as many local groups and activities as possible to get as many people involved in green actions as possible – the aim is to ensure there is something for everyone – and through doing so grow and strengthen the “greenness” of our area.
There are lots of ways to get involved:
- Organise an event:
- your group could develop an event especially for this week, and/ or
- include an event you or your group are already doing/ have planned over the GBGW into the GBGW programme to provide your event with wider advertising
- host a stall as part of the Green Watford Market takeover on Sunday 18th June.
- Let as many people as possible know about the GBGW in your business/ community group etc. to encourage others to organise events.
- Promote the GBGW itself – let’s get as many people as possible engaging in green events.
If you’d like to get involved or need any further information please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org.
To organise or host an event
Registration forms for this year event will be available at the end of March – watch this space……..
For ideas from last years Great Big Green Week go to our 2021 look at the events calendar below (click on image for a larger version) or go to our full 2022 programme (outline below) or more ideas go to the GBGW A-Z of ideas.
Hiring project management and media/ communications support
We are looking for project management support in:
- successfully coordinate the GBGW delivering a varied and interesting programme of events;
- apply for funding (i.e. grants) for the GBGW through a number of channels;
- research environmental and ‘green’ groups across the area; and
- support with hands on project management of the week itself.
- see the role descriptor here for more details
We are looking for communications support in:
- developing a programme booklet, banners, flyers, posters etc.
- maintaining a regular and lively presence on social media
- providing engaging website and newsletter contents
- getting the word out” through the press, local magazines, and other outlets
- collecting and share live logos / photos / images
- producing other media materials as needed/ required through the GBGW
- see role descriptor here for more details
If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact us at – email@example.com.
Forms and Policies
Co-ordinated by Watford and Three Rivers Friends of the Earth.
Working with Watford Borough Council, Three Rivers District Council and Hertsmere Borough Council.