Join us in creating a spectacular South West Herts Great Big Green Week 2024
We are delighted to announce that the 2024 South West Herts Great Big Green Week (GBGW) will take place over the 8-16 June 2024 across Three Rivers and Watford.
The Great Big Green Week aims to be a fun and inclusive week of activities – with something for everyone – drawing attention to climate change and biodiversity, and connecting with these issues and actions locally in Watford and Three Rivers. This is a celebration of all the amazing groups across our area – giving a window on to local ways to get involved in a wide range of activities.
Through the week we promote as many local groups and activities as possible to get as many people involved in sustainable actions as possible and through doing so grow and strengthen our community.
Event applications are now live!
We hope you will join us in putting on a celebration of community action to tackle climate change and protect nature. We want to bring together the breadth of amazing organisations working across the area, raise awareness of the work you do and highlight the changes that communities and individuals can make to help create a better tomorrow.
Organisations, groups and individuals are invited to submit events before the 22nd April 2024 deadline to be included in the week, whether that is:
- an event you or your group already have planned over the GBGW period,
- an event developed especially for this week to highlight the work you do and/ or something you would like to highlight/ focus on,
- a stall and/ or activity you would like to host as part of the Green Watford Market takeover on Sunday 9 June. We are delighted that this year that the Green Watford Market takeover has the potential to utilise almost the whole of the high street from Pret to the Pond as well as the entertainment space in the Atria Shopping Centre. With this additional space:
- we have options to be innovative and creative on the market structure and content
- we invite you to be imaginative on stalls/ activities for these spaces
- we welcome your suggestions and ideas.
We ask that you email us initially to express your interest in taking part in the market by 29th February, at firstname.lastname@example.org , to support in planning for this extended market. Final application deadline 22nd April.
You can see the details of the online form here to support you in gathering the required information: GBGW registration form in pdf.
The information in the form will provide us with all the information we need to support and publicise your event locally and nationally.
If you need any further information or would like to chat through ideas please do not hesitate to contact us at – email@example.com.
We are hiring!
We need help to ensure we provide a positive and impactful event for residents and organisations across Watford and Three Rivers.
Help us to:
- Project Manage and successfully coordinate the GBGW delivering a varied and interesting programme of events that increases awareness of the climate crisis and sustainability in order to create real change.
- Identify and engage with a wide range local and community groups
- Marketing and promotion – we need help to get our story out to the wider community! We need to promote the week as a whole and promote individual events. We want to make some noise – in the media, on social media and get information through to people who don’t normally engage with us.
If you are interested get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org by the 29th February. Interviews to take place in the first week of March (tbc).
We welcome any questions you may have and look forward to hearing from you.
Register here to get all the latest updates
From walks and talks to movie showings and kids activities plus the Watford Green Market – there will be something for everyone.
Forms and Policies